Our team of experienced asset consultants offers holistic independent asset consulting services to pension fund trustees responsible for retirement funds across Southern Africa.
Independent and professional investment advice
Experienced team of investment specialists
Comprehensive transparent and leading edge asset consulting
The team successfully services over 200 retirement funds in South Africa
- Asset and liability modelling
- Investment strategy design and implementation
- Formulation and implementation of the investment policy statement
- Fund and member communication
- Investment reviews
- Trustee and member training
- Transition management
- Performance and compliance monitoring
- Customised investment feedback and reporting
Our methodology and approach
- Our methodologies subscribe to the principles embodied in Circular PF130 and the various discussion papers published by National Treasury.
- Our primary objective is to empower trustees through mutually beneficial partnerships where we seek to understand the needs of our clients in order to ensure better retirement savings outcomes for fund members.
- Our robust asset consulting process begins by identifying our clients' objectives through a method known as Asset Liability Modelling (ALM).
- The ALM enables us to match the funds’ assets and liabilities which are then expressed as a percentage of each member’s final salary at retirement.
- When determining the fund’s investment strategy, we carefully analyse the net replacement ratio required for each member, before deciding on the optimal asset allocation and asset manager mix.
- We then consult our legal team before implementing the strategy within the confines of the regulatory framework, providing the trustees with a governance charter that allows them to make investment decisions.
- This information is embodied in a document known as The Investment Policy Statement.
Our asset consulting process